Visit the Midtown Mile this weekend for the first annual Midtown Festival of the Arts this Saturday, 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM, and 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM on Sunday.
Festival-goers can anticipate entertainment, food, and an enjoyable time at any of the zones / stages:
- The Artist Market, located at Peachtree Street between 5th and 10th, will feature 100 artists selected via a jury process, in mediums including ceramics, drawing, fiber, glass, jewelry, photography, metal, sculpture, painting and woodwork. Artists are not only Georgians, but also come from as close as Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee; and as far away as California. Market hours are 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Saturday and 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM Sunday.
- The Kidzone activities are located at the Margaret Mitchell House at 10th Avenue and Peachtree Street. Activities include cookie and cupcake decorating at the "Icing on Top", Peach Decorating at the Peachtree Grove, the ever-popular "Festival Fantasy Hair" by Be-Dazzle 'Do", Second Floor Parlor Readings, and a variety of entertainment. Select this link for more information.
- Culinary Stage: Chef Demos at 8th and Peachtree Streets are from 12:00 - 5:00 PM, each hour on the hour. Sponsored by The Cooks Warehouse, demos will feature local chefs. In addition to demos, check-out Plates on Peachtree, where patrons can sample restaurant-sized portions of local restaurant fare. Participating restaurants include Ecco, Pacci Ristorante, Park 75, TAP, Sushi Bar Restaurant and others. Tickets are available for either Saturday or Sunday, for $30.00 each (or $40.00 at the door). Hours are the same for Plates on Peachtree and the Chef Demos, except for Sunday, when Plates ends at 4:00 PM.
- Entertainment will happen at the Main Stage, at the Beer Garden, and at St Mark UMC. Check out performances by The Connels, Leslie Christian, Swami Gone Bananas, The Breakfast Club, D'Vine, and others at the Main Stage, located at Peachtree and 6th Streets. The stage will have entertainment from 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM and 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday, respectively. The Terrapin Beer Garden at Peachtree and 7th will feature acoustic performances by The Avondale Playboys, Scott Kelly, Stovall, and The Serenadors, among others. The Acoustic Cafe, which is the stage at the Beer Garden, will have entertainment from 1:00 - 10:00 PM Saturday, and until 4:00 PM on Sunday. Choral performances are scheduled 2:00 - 5:00 PM Saturday and Sunday at the UMC located at Peachtree and 5th.
- Movie Night will feature the screening of Driving Miss Daisy at the Margaret Mitchell House at 8:00 PM on Saturday.
- The Midtown Mile Road Race, sponsored by Emory University Hospital Midtown, is happening Saturday morning at 9:00 AM. Registrants can sign up beginning at 7:45 AM. Registration is $20.00 for adults and $15.00 for kids 12 years and younger. The race starts at Colony Square and ends at The Fox Theatre. Click this link for more information.
Besides all of the great entertainment and activities, the festival food will be quite a treat. Anticipate the King of Pops, The Nook, El Taco, Moto Bene, and others, in addition to standard festival food.
Now that your mouth is watering, wipe off the keyboard, and visit MidtownFestivaloftheArts.org for more festival information.