A big bunch of winter races beckons Badger State runners during the second weekend of March. Races include 5Ks, shamrock-themed runs, snowshoe races, and an indoor triathlon.
Take a gander at these races, all scheduled between Friday, March 7, and Sunday, March 9, in Wisconsin.
These Badger State running events are listed alphabetically by date for easy reference.
- March 7 – Friday – Pinnacle Indoor Triathlon #5 – Fitchburg, Wisconsin
- March 8 – Saturday – Braveheart Midwest Snowshoe Racing Championship Run – Cable, Wisconsin
- March 8 – Saturday – Chilly Chippewa 5K – Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
- March 8 – Saturday – Fifty Furlong Run – Belleville, Wisconsin
- March 8 – Saturday – Green County YMCA Celtic Run Before You Crawl 5K – Monroe, Wisconsin
- March 8 – Saturday – Rocket Blast-Off 5K – Neenah, Wisconsin
- March 8 – Saturday – UW-Eau Claire Shamrock Shuffle – Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- March 8 – Saturday – UW-La Crosse Indoor Triathlon – La Crosse, Wisconsin
- March 8 – Saturday – Welsh Prairie Livewires 4-H Shamrock Shuffle – Cambria, Wisconsin
- March 9 – Sunday – Tri Faster Tri Play – Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Race dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes, especially with Midwestern weather surprises in midwinter. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. Participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Are you hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.