This lacrosse season, from February 1 until May 31, players, coaches, officials and fans will have an opportunity to “Stick it to Cancer”. Any person involved with this great game can raise money for the Karmanos Cancer Institute. This Michigan-based fund raising campaign is for men and women; boys and girls; and collegiate programs as well as high school and youth programs.
The lacrosse community has been hit hard by cancer and this campaign is a way to hit back. The Athletic Directors and Coaches are critical links in getting the word out to players and team supporters.
Here are some ideas on what you can do for this season long campaign:
- Have fun with the program! Be creative!
- You can go old school and have a car wash, bake sale or bottle return.
- Grow facial hair!
- Girls, grow your hair long! If you grow your hair, send in a picture so we can make posters to display in the hospital - this will help patients directly!
- Compete with a rival spring sport or challenge a rival to see who can raise the most money!
- Donate the “gate” from a game – this is sure to increase attendance and boost your support.
- Sell window “stickers” or bumper “stickers”. We need to “Stick It to Cancer”!
- Coaches – give yourself a “fine” if you yell at an official.
- Officials – have a competition between the men and women – who can give more!
You can direct where your donations go – just indicate on the check, “Stick it to Cancer” and let the Karmanos Cancer Institute where you want it to go. It can go to research or even a specific type of cancer.
If you need pledge sheets or you need to download a Special Event Form or a Proposal Form or just to get information, go to: www.KCI.org/StickittoCancer
For lacrosse related questions – please contact Mike Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org