Davis and White's 75.98 points pushed Team USA into third place in the Team Trophy event. They finished three points ahead of Canada's Tessa Cirtue and Scott Moir.
Both Davis and White attend the University of Michigan and train in Canton, Michigan. They were silver medalists in 2010 Winter Olympics.
The Team Trophy event, which debuted at the Sochi Olympics on February 6th, requires four skating performances by representatives from 10 countries. The top five teams skate in the medal round, which requires four more performances.
If you have access to Olympic video coverage, here are the results for Team USA thus far and the schedule for the remaining phases of the event:
- Short program for men (Jeremy Abbott finished 7th)
- Pairs short program (Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir finished 5th)
- Short program for women (Ashley Wagner finished 4th)
- Ice dancing pairs short program (Davis and White finished 1st)
- Pairs team free skate finals (Castelli and Shnapir finished 4th)
- Team free skate finals for men (February 9)
- Team free skate finals for women (February 9)
- Ice dancing pairs free skate team finals (February 9)