While on vacation with hubby Jay-Z and baby Blue Ivy in St. Barts, Beyonce penned a handwritten letter to Mrs. Obama and posted the note on Beyonce.com.
The new mom praised Mrs. Obama for being "the ULTIMATE example of a truly strong African American woman” and concluded by saying, "Michelle, thank you so much for every single thing that u (sic) do for us - I am very proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to."
In turn, the first lady tweeted a personal reply to Beyonce on Friday. She tweeted:
"@Beyonce Thank you for the beautiful letter and for being a role model who kids everywhere can look up to. –mo"
According to Twitter, the account @MichelleObama, is usually manned by #Obama2012 campaign staff but tweets from the first lady herself are signed "mo".
Talk about knowing people in high places!
Need an event or story covered? Coming soon TiffanyTV! If you’re in the Los Angeles area, please send media invitations and press releases to Tiffanydiva@gmail.com.
Recent articles by Tiffany Warner you might also like:
- Khloe Kardashian Odom dishes on Ellen: Talks Kim and Kanye, Kris Humphries and more
- Hungry for ‘The Hunger Games’ but director Gary Ross now out for ‘Chasing Fire’
- Kris Humphries gives Kanye West advice on Kim K: ‘Good luck, dude’
- Beyonce goes viral: Shares private photos and videos on Tumblr, tweets fans
- What’s wrong with Rihanna? Singer wants Chris Brown’s new girlfriend to scram
- Actor Tom Hanks set to play Walt Disney in ‘Mary Poppin’ related film
- Baby Blue Ivy news: Beyonce, Jay-Z, Blue Ivy Carter have first family outting