The Miami Symphony Orchestra presented “Golden Sounds from Hollywood” on December 15, 2013 at New World Center in Miami Beach.
This is MISO’s fifth consecutive season and the director Eduardo Marturet, brought symphony masterpieces to life in a magical performance that featured images from Hollywood’s most famous movies.
This year, the program included:
-Strauss Richard: Also Sprach Zarathustra - Prelude from "2001 Space Odyssey" by Stanley Kubrick.
- Jules Massenet: Meditation from Thaïs from "Titanic" by James Cameron.
- Paul Dukas: The Sorcerer's Apprentice from "Fantasia" by Walt Disney.
- Gustav Mahler: Adagietto from Symphony No. 5 from "Death in Venice" by Luchino Visconti.
- Mozart: Piano Concerto No. 21 (Andante) from "Elvira Madigan" by Bo Widerbeg.
- Pietro Mascagni: Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana from "The Godfather III" by Francis Ford Coppola.
- James Horner: "Apollo 13" by Ron Howard.
- John Williams: "Jurassic Park" by Steven Spielberg.
- John Williams: "Scent of a Woman" by Martin Breast.
- Hans Zimmer: "Gladiator" by Ridley Scott.
- James Newton Howard: "King Kong" by Peter Jackson.
- John Williams: "E.T." by Steven Spielberg.
- John Williams: "Schindler's List" by Steven Spielberg.
- John Williams: "Star Wars" by George Lucas.
More about music, art and entertainment, please visit Lissette Rondon's blog: www.miamifashionspotlight.net