As first reported by NBA.com on Feb. 19, 2014, tonight’s Miami Heat vs. OKC Thunder (free live stream) game on TNT has had Russell Westbrook added into the mix, making things particularly more difficult for LeBron James & Co. on the road.
According to Cliff Brunt, Scott Brooks made the decision to insert Westbrook back into the lineup after watching him to through Wednesday’s practice, and just in time for tonight’s showdown with the 2-time NBA defending champs.
“I thought he had a good practice today,” said the Thunder’s head coach. “We went pretty hard, no question. We did a lot of things in transition, we did a lot of halfcourt. We did a lot of defensive drills, and he was able to participate in all of our drills.”
For 3-time NBA Scoring champion Kevin Durant, Westbrook’s return couldn’t have come at a better time. At 43-12, the Oklahoma City Thunder come into tonight’s game with the best record in the National Basketball League, and looking to sweep the (38-14) Miami Heat in their head-to-head season series.
“It’s like trading for an All Star at the trade deadline,” he said. “We’re looking forward to it. We’re definitely excited for him to get back.”
According to NBA oddsmakers, the Thunder are favored by a bucket against the visiting Heat this evening. The OVER/UNDER is set at a combined total of 207 points and alternate betting lines go as follows: Miami [+130 ML] vs. Oklahoma City [-140 ML].
Opening tipoff is scheduled for 8:10 p.m. EST (7:10 p.m. CST/6:10 p.m. MST/5:10 p.m. PST) from Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Okla. TNT will handle TV broadcasting duties this evening, while TNT Overtime will live stream this game online free of charge (same TV start time).
ATS Consensus Prior to Free Live Stream Online
- Miami Heat spread: 47 percent.
- OKC Thunder spread: 53 percent.
- OVER: 74 percent.
- UNDER: 26 percent.
Betting Trends Prior to TNT Game Time
- Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games versus a team with a winning straight-up record.
- Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 road games against teams with home winning percentages higher than .600.
- Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 road games versus a team with a winning home record.
- Thunder are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games against teams with a winning percentages above .600.
- Thunder are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 when their opponent allows 100 points or more.
- Thunder are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games versus a team with a winning straight-up record.
- Heat are 6-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings.
- Over is 9-2-1 in the last 12 meetings in Oklahoma City.
- Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.