One might say that the Parisian woman defines style. She embraces that edgy elegant effortless look when it comes to fashion. What is admirable is her quality over quantity approach to apparel. It was revitalizing to see the stores on the Champs Elysees flooded with tourists. Surprisingly the luxury scene had been taken over by Chinese tourists, as the queue for Chanel was so long you could barely exit or enter the building. Mob scene best described Boulevard Haussmann near Printemps and Galeries Lafayette all so the passersbys could catch a glimpse of the elaborate Christian Dior windows. Very reminiscent of Manhattans famed Bergdorf Goodman holiday presentations. Here is the winter 2013 edit from Paris to keep you ahead of the trend curve.
Top 10 trends
- Puffer Coat- Was seen everywhere. Not the unstructured puffy coat of the past. Now the puffer is seamed, trimmed, structured and much more flattering. Even childrenswear had sleek versions.
- Studded flat ankle boot- A edgy glam look to rock and a season must have is the flat studded ankle boot. It is so versatile and can we worn with dresses, short skirts or shiny skinny pants. Move over house of McQueen, IKKS, Zara and Massimo Dutti had high-fashion equals without the hefty price tag.
- Burgundy- Barbara Bui had the most beautiful garnet red leather mini dresses. Embossed leather jackets like this one from IKKS in deep bordeaux were so of the moment.
- Silver- Cool silver seemed to dominate all metal finishes from hardware on accessories to jewelry and makeup bags.
- Purple- Mens and womenswear all had eggplant as a statement. Louis Vuitton made the biggest statement with a display of deep purple accessories and apparel.
- Moto Influence- Loved seeing that American, Harley Davidson influence. In general, Zara killed it when it comes to trends, the stores were crammed and it almost seemed as though they were steering the trends for Europe. Long trench coats mixed the moto bike element with leather lapels and heavy snaps. Even a handbag at Jean Paul Gaultier had the obvious motorcycle jacket detailing.
- Color POP- Stores like Pinko-had bright colored minaudiere clutches in chic snakeskin, Givenchy paid attention to brights with color blocking accessories in a clean and streamlined way.
- Focus on the back – Its all in the back detail for fall. Artisan back motifs, rings and seaming of dresses, screamed oh la la.
- Black accessories- Statement evening accessories remained black but had major attention to detail whether it be with oversized clear crystals, gigantic turn lock closures or grommets.
- Black is back- Jay Ahr an up & coming designer had the most beautiful dresses with gracious ease. Black as a color is fresh again but with a touches of shimmer and mixed textures; satin on silk, crochet and jet-black beading.
These top streamlined trends will lend some chic instant updates to your wardrobe.