Whether you love real mexican cuisine or are addicted to its cousin tex-mex food, the menu at Mi Cocina will definitely whet your appetite. Here are a few of the favorites on the menu:
• Queso blanco with brisket: this new take on queso brings something real Texan to the equation: brisket. The cheese is smooth and the brisket tender. Bits of poblano add extra robustness to the appetizer.
• Shrimp ceviche: served with corn totopos, has a tropical kick to it: jicama and mango. It is perfect for people who love the flavours of Mexico, without the spice.
• Tacos Mi tierra: These grilled beef tacos are perfect for a lighter dinner or lunch. The meat is tender and their sauce is playful and bright.
• Brisket tacos: You have got to try these! Nothing says Mexico like tacos, just like nothing says Texas like brisket. The 12 hour slow cooked brisket is perfect with the corn tortillas and the chile de arbol sauce it is served with.
• Tamales: New on the menu, these tamales are nothing you have ever seen, well…anywhere. With masa made from scratch, these tamales serve as a bed for an array of different toppings. Vegetarians will love the array of vegetables that come floating in a simple ranchero sauce. Meat eaters alike will devour the chopped beef and poblano cream sauce one.