Metro Comedy is on a mission to create a comedy tour to deliver the laughs on the road. They have the comedians and the venues and all they need is the bus to fill it up with special guests for the tour. They are currently doing a Kickstarter Campaign to raise the needed money.
Nema Williams and Ed Blaze are two up and coming comedians and are part of this tour. It starts on February 14 in Washington DC and is scheduled to stop in San Antonio in August. For more information and complete tour schedule check online.
The following are the perks of donating to this campaign:
• $10 or more-Thank you (on social media-Metro Comedy and both comedians).
• $25 or more-Thank you and one free ticket.
• $40 or more-Thank you, free metro comedy T-shirt & Nema Williams DVD.
• $75 or more-Thank you, 2 free tickets to the show (your city), 1 free metro comedy T-shirt & Nema Williams DVD.
• $150 or more-3 free tickets to the show, an onstage Thank You, 2 free metro comedy T-shirts & Nema Williams DVD.
• $300 or more-4 free tickets to the show, backstage access, 3 free metro comedy T-shirts & Nema Williams DVD.
• $500 or more-All of the above plus drinks after the show with one comedian of choice.
• $1,000 or more-All of the above, get to introduce comedian on stage, and dinner before or after the show.
• $3,000 or more-All of the above plus a chance to become part of the entourage every time the show comes to the person’s town.
Nema Williams was born in Japan and grew up in Oakland and became involved in the theatre from an early age. Eventually he ended up in Dorsey’s Locker during an open mic comedy show. That led to a spot on BET Comedy View and has since appeared on Comedy Central, HBO and others. He still does theatre work on stage as well as comedy tours.
Ed Blaze was born in Tanzania and left to pursue and education and settled in Washington, D.C. After studying Business Management he became an entrepreneur but never forgot his passion for comedy. He covers everything from politics to pop culture in his routines and cites Richard Pryor and Chris Rock and others as his inspirations.
Sources: Jaimie L. Adler-Palter/Bayleaf Communications, Inc; kickstarter.com