This holiday is a bit confusing. Every site that we came across seems to disagree on the day this holiday is observed, but does it really matter? The main idea is to show your purring pal some love! So we’re declaring Thursday, May 31, National Hug Your Cat Day.
National Hug Your Cat Day is the time to spoil your cuddling buddy and show him how much you love him. Here are a few ideas to do just that!
- Be a cat for a few minutes. Follow your cat around and see what he’s up to.
- Give him extra treats.
- Build your cat an obstacle course.
- Hugs! All day. Your cat might get a little annoyed, though.
- On average, cats sleep 16 hours per day. The snooze trophy goes to bats and opossums though, who sleep around 20 hours a day.
- The scientific name for a hairball is called ‘trichobezoar.’
- A group of kittens is called a kindle; a group of adult cats is called a clowder.
- The three types of feline eye shapes: almond, round and slanted.
- Historic world leaders that were scared of cats (ailurophobia): Julius Caesar, Charles XI, Henry II and Napoleon.
For more quirky holidays, visit here.