Celebrities attending the 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards on Jan. 27 will dine on an array of fresh vegetables and sustainable foods, including salmon, beef tenderloin and roasted beet salad with blood oranges.
Chef Suzanne Goin prepared the menu for the 19th annual SAG Awards, which will be held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
Goin, who uses seasonal and local ingredients from sustainable local California farms, cooks the food at the last minute to ensure optimal freshness and flavor. The menu for the SAG Awards dinner will serve some 1,200 guests and includes the following:
- Slow-roasted salmon with green rice, labneh, capers and nasturiums
- Beef tenderloin with fingerlings, arugula and horseradish cream
- Roasted beets and blood oranges with mint and black olives
- Cauliflower couscous with pomegranate salsa
- Farro with kale, young broccoli, currants and pine nuts
- Gallo signature series Napa Valley chardonnay
- Lucia Highlands pinot noir
- Taittinger Brut "La Francaise" champagne