It’s not very often that I write about or cover men’s fashion. More and more I have been taking an active approach and researching what’s hot for men, how they dress, what works for them and doesn’t. I even took up subscriptions to GQ, Details and keep an eye out for what’s hot straight from the experts. Expert Andreas Lowenstam, H&M’s head meanswear designer picked out the following as top trends for the beginning of the year. You can see the items on the here.
- SHARP SILHOUETTE: “Wearing this navy jacket and pants with a clean white shirt and tie is like a palette cleanser for the new year. It hints at the sharp new tailoring which will dominate 2013 and looks even better with an H&M leather briefcase.”
- FRESH PLAID: “Plaid is such a great way to wear color. I love the neatness of this jacket, worn with great jeans, a colored crewneck sweatshirt or a raglan tee underneath and a pair of white sneakers to complete the look.”
- NEW UTILITY: “It’s great to get in on a trend like utility early on particularly because it’s so wearable. This utility jacket will soon become a favorite, especially when worn with a sailor stripe top or a textured marled crewneck.”
- CITY SMART: “This car coat cuts such an elegant silhouette and looks so modern in this shade of blue. It looks great in the city when worn with a cable-knit sweater, some new classic beige chinos and a great pair of brown lace-ups.”
- BRILLIANT PRINT: “Graphic print pants look so strong right now and are so versatile to wear. One great option is to match them with this season’s essential baseball jacket and a crewneck T-shirt.”
I’m loving these new trends for the new year! It’s polished but still lends to comfort, which most men look for in their clothing. My favorite is tailoring, everything from more fitted shorts and cropped pants, to car coats and fitted tees, great for layering. So guys, what are your favorite trends? If you have one in mind that you want to check out H&M, a retail favorite of many with great clothes and great prices.