As we get excited for the Oscar red carpet, the first thing we look at are the glamorous ladies. As much as I love it, I can't help but wonder what the guys have to do to look dashing. I had the lovely opportunity to get insider answers from celebrity groomer Jove Edmonds of BLOG Barbershop in Los Angeles, CA and SheaMoisture Men’s ambassador.
From working with the Los Angeles Clippers team players to breakout star Michael B. Jordan (‘The Awkward Moment’ and ‘Fruitvale Station’), Barber Jove shares his celebrity grooming tips for the ultimate shave, so you can become the “star attraction.”
1. A clean face is an absolute necessity for starting shave. Apply SheaMoisture Shave African Black Soap Facial Wash & Scrub to gently yet thoroughly cleanse, exfoliate dry, dead skin and lift hair to prep for shaving. After cleansing, rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
2. Use a shave brush to lift hairs and work shave cream into skin for a lubricated surface, with SheaMoisture Shave Butter Cream. Apply in an upward circular motion.
Quick Tip: Place the SheaMoisture Shave Butter Cream in the microwave for 10-15 seconds for a warm and luxurious application to skin.
3. Make sure your blade is sharp for the most comfortable and closest shave. A sharp blade cuts cleaner and moves across skin more easily. You may go with the grain of hair and or against. Do what is best for your skin.
4. Pat, not wipe, all excess shave butter off your face. Wiping stretches and stresses skin and aids in creating wrinkles.
5. Splash on SheaMoisture Shave Tea Tree After Shave Elixir and let it soak in for a few seconds to help minimize razor burn and bumps, while toning skin.
6. Finish by applying SheaMoisture Shave Anti-Aging Moisturizer & Bump Preventer to soften, moisturize and protect skin. Voila! You have achieved that fresh, clean and ultra well-groomed look that will have you looking like a star.