As the nation remembers its fallen soldiers many retailers will be offering special discounts and freebies on Memorial Day, May 26, 2014. Here are a few:
- The Home Depot and Lowes are also offering a special discount for veterans. When they show their veteran ID card they will receive a 10% discount on Memorial Day.
- Boston Market is offering a 10% discount for anyone with a military veteran ID throughout the balance of the month of May. All Boston market locations southeastern Michigan are participating in this special discount but it does not apply to take-out orders.
- Hooters is offering 10 free chicken wings with the purchase of any drink on Monday, May 26. Have your military veteran ID handy just in case you are asked for it. If you are risky enough to bring your spouse they will also get this special whether or not they are in the military or a veteran.
- Red Robin is offering all military personnel registered in the Red Robin Royalty program an appetizer for free provided they spend at least $10. In addition to being part of the loyalty program they will also need to have their military ID.
- General Motors is offering a military discount to active, reserve, retired and veterans on Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC vehicles. This special discount continues through June 30, 2014.
- Those who become a little inebriated between Friday and Tuesday of the Memorial Day weekend, AAA is offering free tipsy tow service.
Books that will save you money
“The Money Saving Mom's Budget”: Slash your spending, pay down your debt, streamline your life, and save thousands a year.
“How to Save More Money”: 349 tips to help you keep your hard-earned cash.
“How to Be Frugal”: New ways to view money and 100 tips reduce your expenses.
Additional money-saving resources for you
Get coupons at coupons.com.
Get a free trail for thousands of movies and TV programs at Amazon Prime.
Information about the economic culture.
Daily specials from Amazon.com in what they call the GoldBox.