On Saturday, May 24th from 7:00 a.m. until sunset, you and Fido are invited to hike the trails of Morton Arboretum during their Tails on Trails event. When you and your four-legged friend arrive, you can choose to explore a portion or all of the 16 miles of hiking trails, woods, prairies and natural landscapes that the park has to offer.
Besides a great bonding experience and loads of exercise, you and your canine companion can also check out canine demonstrations, the various dog adoption agencies and shelters that will be present promoting the rescued animals seeking their forever homes, in addition to the pet vendors that will have their wares on display.
All dogs are invited, but the Arboretum asks that every dog in attendance be current with their vaccinations, have the ability to socialize with other canines and be on a leash at all times.
Regular admission prices for all humans will be adhered to:
· Members have free general admission all during the year.
· Non-Member Rates:
o $12 for Adults ages 18 to 64
o $11 for Seniors 65 and over
o $9 for Children ages 2 to 17
o Children under the age of 2 are FREE
· Parking is Free.
· Dogs will have a $5 cover charge to enter the park and each dog will receive an Arboretum bandana with their paid admission.
According to the Morton Arboretum Website:
The day will also include several dog-friendly activities and offerings by Meadow Lake from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine. These include:
· Canine demonstrations from the German Shepherd Dog Training Club, VIP Service Dog Foundation, the Belly Rub Club and the Glenbard All Breed Obedience Club
· Representatives from Adopt A Husky, Inc. as well as Adopt A Bull English Bulldog Rescue, Inc., which will offer attendees the chance to Smooch a Pooch for a $1 donation
· Products and services for sale such as dog clothing, home pet care, pet photography and bakery treats for dogs
“Last year was the first year for Tails on the Trails and we got a great response,” said Special Events Manager Jenelle Hardtke. “Many people look at their dogs as more than just pets, so we truly welcome the opportunity to host an event where everyone in the family can come out and enjoy a spring day at the Arboretum.”
Not only will the day be great for you and Fido, but you will be helping out pets in needs as a portion of the proceeds will be donated to local animal shelters. Have a great Memorial Day weekend with your pet!