Beginning in the spring, the best selling author and media personality will join the network's late night chat show "TakePart Live" as a permanent co-host, working alongside Jacob Soboroff.
ALSO: HBO wants more 'Girls'
"From the moment I started working with Pivot, I knew this was home. 'Raising McCain' was an unbelievable experience that gave me a platform to address issues important for my generation. Now I get to do it five nights a week! I am really excited to be a part of "TakePart Live" and grateful for all of the network's support," said McCain.
The show, which launched with Pivot on August 1, 2013, recently celebrated its 100th episode.
"Meghan has a tremendous following and continues to win audiences on Pivot and beyond and, simply put, we wanted more of her," said network president Evan Shapiro. "This new role gives her a format to have a continuing dialogue with our audience about what most affects them, and - together with Jacob - offer perspectives from their generation."
“TakePart Live” airs weeknights at midnight on Pivot.
NOW READ THIS...
- What car was 2013's worst selling model?
- Mike Judge takes on 'Silicon Valley' in new HBO comedy series
- Overstock.com becomes first major online retailer to accept Bitcoin
- IFC changes name to IFC
- Denis Leary returns to FX for new comedy
- Chinese automaker has major American ambitions
- HBO will end 'Boardwalk Empire' after 5th season