Has Jessica Simpson succeed with that 70-pound weight loss because of celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak's diet and fitness guidance? And did Megan Fox lose weight the same way? The Magic 8-Ball says: "Decidedly so!"
These celebrities train regularly with Harley, who has developed a set of simple, yet effective guidelines for his clients to follow. It's all detailed in his best-selling book "The Body Reset Diet: Power Your Metabolism, Blast Fat, and Shed Pounds in Just 15 Days” - click for details.
Harley recommends, according to ABC News:
- Walking 12,000 steps daily using a pedometer: Get the skinny on how Jessica Simpson is using one by clicking here.
- Cut out refined carbohydrates such as white bread and pasta.
- Use planks to tone your abs.
And Harley is an advocate of making healthy smoothies. Try his smoothie recipes below.
Harley’s Sweet Spinach Smoothie
- 2 cups spinach leaves, packed
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 15 green or red grapes
- 6 ounces fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 1 or 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions: In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients until blended to the desired consistency.
Harley’s White Smoothie
- 5 raw almonds, whole or chopped
- 1 red apple, unpeeled, cored and chopped
- 1 small banana, frozen and cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
Directions: In a blender or food processor, blend the almonds until finely ground. (If your blender isn’t powerful enough to grind almonds, you can buy chopped almonds or even almond meal instead.) Add the apple, banana, yogurt, milk, and cinnamon. Blend until of desired consistency.