Fan favorite Desiree Hartsock has landed the coveted title of the next star of "The Bachelorette." "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison revealed Des as the lucky landing who will hand out the roses during Monday night's "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose" special.
Des starred in Sean Lowe's season of "The Bachelor." She was among Sean's final four ladies, but he sent her home following the hometown dates as she begged him to keep her around. Her heart-wrenching goodbye was hard for not only her to take, but fans also. She was an early fan favorite and front-runner to get the final rose making her among the obvious choices for the next "Bachelorette."
After watching Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici tell of their plans to marry in a nationally televised wedding during Monday's live "After the Final Rose," Des said she is looking forward to a second chance at finding her true love.
Now it's time for Des Hartsock to call the shots when she gets her second chance to find love. Before she begins handing out the roses, here are six things to know about the next "Bachelorette."
- She's 26 years old
- Her family moved several times before her settling in Colorado
- After her high school, Des moved to California to attend Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FITM) in Los Angeles
- Des is an operations manager at a bridal salon and a bridal stylist
- She hopes to one day own her own boutique
- Her parents have been married for 35 years and have been together for 40
The Bachelorette: Season 9 (Des' season) premieres May 20 on ABC from 9:00-11:00 p.m., ET. The show will return to its regular 8-10 p.m. time slot on May 27.