If you've ever wondered what greyhounds are like or are thinking of adopting one, a great first step is to visit a Meet and Greet. Greyhound Adoption of Greater Cincinnati hosts several of these events every month. They provide a great opportunity to get to know the breed a little better.
Here is a list of all GAGC Meet and Greets in the Dayton and Cincinnati area:
First Sunday of the month:
- Eastgate Petsmart, 650 Eastgate South Dr., 513-752-8463, 12 to 2 p.m.
- Tri-County Petsmart, 11741 Princeton Pike, 513-671-6560, 1 to 3 p.m.
Second Sunday of the month
- Beavercreek Petsmart, 2500 N. Fairfield Rd., Beavercreek, 937-320-0421, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Western Hills Petsmart, 2310 Ferguson Rd., 513-451-0100, 12 to 2 p.m.
Third Sunday of the month:
- Oakley Petsmart, 3401 Alamo Ave., 513-731-9400, 12 to 2 p.m.
- Centerville Petsmart, 4333 Feedwire Rd., Dayton, 937-312-1339, 1 to 3 p.m.
Fourth Sunday of the month:
- Mason Petsmart, 6177 Arbor Square Dr., Mason, 513-677-9445, 12 to 2 p.m.
- Fairfield Petsmart, 3439 Princeton Rd., Fairfield, 513-863-6363, 1 to 3 p.m.
What are greyhounds like? "Greyhounds are wonderful companion dogs," says Virgil Sweeden of PawPrintsLife. "I've adopted four of them over the last 13 years. They're gentle, playful, and affectionate. And they run like the wind!" He continues, "If you've never met a greyhound in person, then head out to one of the GAGC Meet-and-Greets and find out for yourself how sweet it is to pet a greyhound, cradle its nose in your hand, and see the trusting innocence in its eyes!"