Today’s recipe feature is Mediterranean Chicken Wrap. Chicken mixes with tomato, baby greens, artichoke hearts and olive tapenade to create a delicious sandwich. This wrap contains the perfect blend of protein, vegetables, fiber and healthy fats. Cook the chicken the night before and prepare the sandwich the following day. Healthy and joyous eating!
Mediterranean Chicken Wrap (Recipe courtesy Body+Soul)
- 1 chicken cutlet (3 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 whole-wheat wrap, 10 inches (use a gluten-free variety, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon olive tapenade
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, squeezed dry and thinly sliced
- ½ small tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mixed baby greens
Heat broiler with rack 4 inches from heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and broil until opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes; let cool.
Spread bottom of wrap with the olive tapenade. Layer with chicken, artichoke hearts, tomato, and baby greens; season with salt and pepper. Fold tortilla to seal. Serving yield = one serving.