The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford has an opening for a Medical Education Support Specialist. This is a grade salary of 17. The hours are 10:00 am to 6:30 pm. As a member of the dept. of Medical Education and Evaluation, the employee serves as a support member for the M2 Examination and the Computer Based Testing (CBT).
As a member of the Office of Student and Alumni Affairs, the employee coordinates admissions Interviews, archives student records, manages student pagers, serves as back up for the registrar, provides support for department research, and assists with major events.
Civil Service Requirements:
- High School Graduation or equivalent.
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling four years (48 months), from the categories below:
- Progressively more responsible clerical or secretarial experience, including background in electronic word processing and database management systems.
- College course work leading to a major in medical education, education, communications, public relations or similar area of study.
- 30 semester hours equals 12 months.
- 60 semester hours equals 24 months.
- 90 semester hours equals 36 months.
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor Degree equals 48 months.
Completion of the Training Administrators of Graduate Medical Education Programs Certification (TAGME) from the National Board for Certification of Training Administrators qualifies applicants for the exam for this civil service job title.
For additional information you may review the specific Civil Service specifications at:
If you are interested in the position you should apply on-line at: jobs.uic.edu
If you have any questions please contact the Human Resources:
University of Illinois College of Medicine, 1601 Parkview Avenue, Rockford, IL 61107, (815) 395 - 0600, fax (815) 395 - 5887