UTC is one of the world's largest suppliers of echnologically advanced aerospace and defense products. They design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military, helicopters and other platforms. They are a major supplier to international space programs.
The position of Mechanical Designer/Checker supports the preparation of product design layouts and solid models of products supported in the Space Systems Enterprise using Unigraphics NX 7.5 and Teamcenter. Design support included new products, modification of existing products and test equipment design support. Space Systems products include turbo pump assemblies, hydraulic power units, electromechanical actuators, gearboxes, motors and generators, The candidate will work closely with Design and Manufacturing Engineers to produce drawings and models to established standards.
- Ensure drawing support appropriate UTAS and manufacturing standards.
- Ensure drawings are accurate, complete and dimensioned in support of checking build ups and perform tolerance analyses to ensure hardware integrity.
- Create radial/axial stack ups to ensure hardware integrity.
- Ensure detail drawings are updated correctly and check engineering changes ensuring accuracy and compliance with standards.
- Associate degree in mechanical design or computer aided design or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a high performance mechanical such as gearboxes, motors, turbopump, assemblies and electromechanical actuators is preferred.
- Software used is Unigraphics NX 7.5 and Teamcenter.
The position requires an individual who is a team player with a high level of initiative and the ability to work in an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
The applicant must have knowledge of manufacturing and machining processes along with skills in GD&T and tolerance analysis.
The applicant must have an understanding of mechanical principles, engineering drawings depicting details, assemblies, schematics and aerospace industry standards.
Hamilton Sundstrands, Human Resources, 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL 61108 - (815) 226 - 6000 - fax (815) 394 - 2414