It's a cold, dreary and icy Meatless Monday here at Test Kitchen Headquarters so we thought we'd heat up your Monday with some hot and oozy vegetarian quesadillas. These delicious little tortilla pies slice up into six little wedges and come out crispy and delicious, perfect to dip in salsa, serve topped with pico de gallo or alongside some hot and spicy chili. To top off the ease and yumminess of the recipe, they are also sure to warm up your insides on these cold, pre-spring days.
I use McCormick's seasonings in my cooking because I find the brand to be fresher, more pungent and truer to the taste of fresh herbs than other brands I have tried. You may, of course, choose any brand you prefer.
Cream Cheese Spinach Walnut Quesadilla
- 2 - 6 or 8 inch whole wheat or high fiber tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 oz. fat free or reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick's Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick's Cayenne Pepper or Chili Powder or Cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh, frozen or canned spinach (drained and dried as much as possible)
- 4 thin tomato slices
- 1 Tablespoon low fat or fat free sour cream (Greek yogurt also works well)
- Rub olive oil on front and back of both tortillas and place on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mash the softened cream cheese with a fork until creamy. Add walnuts, seasonings and spinach to the mixture, mixing well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over one of the tortilla shells, spreading all the way to the edge.
- place tomato slices on top of cream cheese mixture and lightly spread sour cream over the tomatofes.
- Top with the other tortilla and press down edges with fingers or fork to seal. Sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired.
- Place in 350 degree oven until tortillas are brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve alongside taco soup or chili, or top with salsa, refried beans or pico de gallo.
Did this article leave you hungry for more?
Simply click on the SUBSCRIBE button here or at the top of the page to have Linda's articles sent directly to your e-mail inbox, totally cost and spam FREE.
Email Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please feel free to post your comments below.
Find Linda on:
Product Review Disclaimer:
This product was sent to us at no cost.
We were under no contract or obligation to write a review or to make it a positive one if we do.
Our reviews are our opinion only.
We do not make any money on any of the products we review.