/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Healthy foods in minutes from Grandma Georgia’s Goodies
Cheesy Potato Soup
1 cup chicken broth or mushroom soup
2 tablespoons butter
¾ cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons flour
4 cups chopped red potatoes
1 cup low fat soy milk
1 cup water
2 ounces of low fat cheese
½ teaspoon red pepper
2 ½ tablespoons of green onion (set aside)
1. Melt butter over medium heat with onions. Cook until tender. Add flour cook and stir. Add potato, soy, broth and ½ cup water. Boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add ½ cup cheese and pepper cook until cheese melts. About 2 minutes.
2. Top with green onions before serving.
More meatless goodies next week.
Toasted Banana Sandwiches
1 large banana
1 ½ tablespoons low-fat whipped cream cheese
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
dash of salt
4 slices of whole grain bread
1. Cut off ¼ of the banana and mash in a bowl with a fork; stir in the cream cheese, peanut butter, honey, and salt. Spread over 2 bread slices.
2. Place a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Slice the remaining banana in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise. Put the banana halves in the pan and cook until caramelized. Arrange the bananas over the cream cheese spread and top with the remaining slices of bread.
3. Wipe the skillet, add more cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until brown on each side.
Makes 2 sandwiches
Cook: 10 minutes
(per serving): 318 calories, 12 g protein, 50 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat