Can a man be measured by his shoes? The answer is a resounding yes.
Of all the items in a man’s wardrobe, shoes are the single most important element of style because it is a key accessory in completing his outfit. They are always noticed, but often never spoken of and could mean the difference between landing a job, getting a second date or missing out on a great opportunity. No surprise, women are the most observant; typically checking a guy’s shoes out first before scanning out the rest of his attire. The truth is that shoes do make the man. So consider these tips when shopping for your next pair of shoes:
1) Shop for shoes at the end of the day. This is when your feet is at its largest, and this will insure the most precise fit.
2) Always try-on both shoes. It's not unusual for a shoe to fit or feel different on one foot. Nor is it unusual for one foot to be larger then the other, which will effect the fit and comfort.
3) Try-on with appropriate socks. Socks effect the fit of the shoe. If you're shopping for dress shoes make sure you have socks that is the correct thickness for the shoe.
4) Make sure your heel and toe fit snugly. An index finger width between the foot and the shoe heel is a comfortable amount of space to insure long term comfort.
5) Walk around in the shoes for 3-5 minutes. Typically any discomfort or peculiarities will become evident quickly.
6) Examine shoes for construction, quality and durability. An expensive price tag is not the determining factor of a shoes value.
7) Measure your feet on a regular bases. Just as your clothing sizes can fluctuate (based on if you gain or loss weight, so can you shoe size.
8) Shop at non-peak hours. This can insure getting the proper help from the store's sales associate. The is particularly ideal for a guy that is a novice at shopping or just seeking extra help.
9) Don't let the salesperson talk you into a purchase. Stay focus and don't make a purchase just because it's a good deal or based on what the salesperson tells you.
10) Be aware of the stores return policy. You may have a change of heart once you get home with your new pair of shoes.
View the photo slideshow to see the latest style and trends in men's shoes available in New Orleans.
Enjoyed this article? Click on the subscribe link for the latest blogs in fashion, trends, beauty, chic events happening in the Gulf Coast Region!
Got a fashion story or event you’d like to have covered?
Email - email@example.com
Twitter - @fashionweeknola
Instagram - fashioinably_yours_nola