McDROID, an arcade+DOTA inspired game is a mix of the two games RTYPE and Dune 2. After two years of development and one year of beta testing the two man team behind McDROID has finally finished the game.
The game is a fun, creative take on an action and strategy game. You play as a little robot name, McDROID and it's your goal to heal your planet by planting trees while defending your shuttle against the aliens with a vast array of weapons, healing devices and robot factories.
The game features a single player mode as well as a drop-in/drop-out co-op mode where you can recruit your friends to help you save the planet. The game features include:
- Modular weapon robot: mount weapons and factories on your back and fight hands-on or plant them on defensive turret mounts and let the turtling begin
- Bliss/corruption game mechanic: the ground will amplify or deplete you depending on its condition
- Mutation: don’t leave these strawberries lying around for too long, also certain monsters transform your strawberry plants into lethal bomb trees.
- Coop: help your friend complete the story missions or play in an arena mode designed for four players.
- Challenge: As you complete each story level you unlock the challenge and nightmare modes. Your weapons, gold (and unfortunately also any mutated crops) persist through these levels - no turret left behind.
The game will release on December 20 for Windows phone.