McDonald’s is giving away 100 free muffins at each location in the metropolitan Detroit area Wednesday morning, August 20, 2014. The promotion is to introduce customers to the McCafé treat, freshly baked in each restaurant. The muffins should appeal to Generation Xers and the health conscious.
The chain is working to compete against the increase of coffee and bakery chains by offering upscale muffins. Four flavors are baked in the restaurants. Customers can enjoy the healthiness of berry bran or the fruity blueberry and cranberry-orange muffins. For those that prefer to live a more indulgent lifestyle, double chocolate is also available.
To receive a free muffin you must be one of the first 100 customers dining in after 7 a.m. Wednesday. It is not clear if a purchase will be necessary however you will want to try one of the McCafé beverages which include great coffees and other concoctions. If you prefer iced tea the chain is still offering any size drink for just a dollar in the Detroit area.
Books that will save you money
- “The Money Saving Mom's Budget”: Slash your spending, pay down your debt, streamline your life, and save thousands a year.
- “How to Save More Money”: 349 tips to help you keep your hard-earned cash.
- “How to Be Frugal”: New ways to view money and 100 tips reduce your expenses.
Additional money-saving resources for you
- Get coupons at coupons.com.
- Get a free e-reader for use on any tablet, Apple, or PC.
- Get a free trail for thousands of movies and TV programs at Amazon Prime.
- Information about the economic culture.
- Best deals and ease of use for bridal registries: Amazon’s Wedding Registry.
- Amazon also has a baby registry that offers great savings. Click here to review.
- Daily specials from Amazon.com in what they call the GoldBox.