Breaking a drive-through record is the goal of 17 area McDonald’s this weekend, which is one of the busiest days of the year in the fast food business. Hurried Christmas shoppers will find to outstanding deals at the participating restaurants designed to create traffic throughout the day.
During breakfast hours the 17 locations will be serving up their famous sausage biscuit, normally a feature on the dollar menu, for just 50 cents. Following the breakfast hour the 6 piece Chicken McNuggets will be available at the drive-through for just one dollar, which is less than half price.
McDonald’s follows a business model perfected by Wendy’s during the days of Dave Thomas. They use a dollar menu and other values to draw people into their stores in anticipation most customers will buy additional, more profitable items. Since the passing of Thomas Wendy’s has deserted this model while McDonald’s has enhanced it.
The participating locations are:
- Clinton Township: 22050 Hall Road, 43180 Hayes Road and 41500 Garfield Road.
- Macomb Township: 18001 Hall Road and 18250 2 Mile Road.
- Pontiac: 44961 Woodward.
- Rochester Hills: Crooks Road at M-59.
- Roseville: 32222 Gratiot
- Shelby Township: 56915 Van Dyke, 45010 Utica Park Boulevard and 7495 23 Mile Road.
- St. Clair Shores: 31255 Harper Avenue.
- Sterling Heights: 13640 Southcove Dr., 2000 18 Mile Road, 37037 Mound Road and 40422 Van Dyke.
- Troy: 4819 Rochester Road
Books that will save you money
- “The Money Saving Mom's Budget”: Slash your spending, pay down your debt, streamline your life, and save thousands a year.
- “How to Save More Money”: 349 tips to help you keep your hard-earned cash.
- “How to Be Frugal”: New ways to view money and 100 tips reduce your expenses.
Additional money-saving resources for you