Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Who, and Roger Waters are among the artist scheduled to perform at Madison Square Garden on December 12 for "The Concert For Sandy Relief."
The concert, dubbed "12.12.12," also features Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, and Kayne West, and the proceeds will benefit "The Robin Hood Relief Fund."
From the official web page:
- Clear Channel Media and Entertainment, The Madison Square Garden Company and The Weinstein Company — the same group that produced and sponsored the historic 9/11 benefit “The Concert for New York City”— have come together once again to present "12.12.12" the Concert For Sandy Relief.
- This special one night only live music event will help provide assistance to the millions of people throughout the tri-state area who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. "12.12.12" the Concert For Sandy Relief will occur on December 12, 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
- More information will be released in the coming days related to tickets and VIP ticket pacakages.
- As the tri-state region begins to recover from Sandy's stunning and acute devastation along the coastal areas of Long Island, Queens, Staten Island, Connecticut and New Jersey, there remains an enormous task of rebuilding both the infrastructure and thousands of shattered lives. “12.12.12” presents an important opportunity for the community and nation to come together to provide significant support to these communities as they confront staggering short- and long-term issues.
- The proceeds from the concert will go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund which is providing money, material and know-how to local organizations that are serving families and individuals in the regions hardest hit by the storm.
Now, maybe the Boss and Sir Paul can complete that interrupted version of "Twist and Shout" after all!
Keep up with Performing Arts Examiner news. Just click on Subscribe above, or follow @DylanExaminer on Twitter. Harold Lepidus also writes the Bob Dylan Examiner column. Thanks for your support.