MC Hammer's arrest has become Twitter entertainment this weekend, with the 50-year-old rapper tweeting details of his arrest by a "mall cop" on a "steady donut diet."
Hammer was pulled over on Feb. 21, 2013 and was arrested for allegedly obstructing an officer.
The media is now running with this story as a possible "racial profiling" incident, but Hammer seems to be making a mockery out of his arrest.
Police tell CNN that Hammer was "very argumentative and refused to answer the officer's questions" but MC Hammer tweeted that before the officer told him why he was pulled over he asked, "Are you on parole or probation?"
"I will now answer his question, contrary to his personal beliefs, all people of color are not on parole or probation fat boy!!!"
Dublin, CA. police report that the vehicle that MC Hammer was driving had an expired registration, but the car was not owned by the rapper. No drugs or alcohol were suspected in the incident.
MC Hammer's tweets on Saturday gave his followers the low down (in his words) of his arrest:
- "Chubby elvis looking dude was tapping on my car window, I rolled down the window and he said'"Are you on parole or probation?"
- "You have to know me to understand I was laughing when he was grunting and pulling on me .. I had just left the weight room ..."
- "While I was handing him my ID he reached in my car and tried to pull me out the car but forgot he was on a steady donut diet."
- "Only thing more dangerous than a scared man with a gun, is a scared man with an agenda, a gun and a badge. I was citied for obstruction smh [sic]"
- "It was comical to me until he pulled out his guns, blew his whistle and yelled for help (MallCop) !!! But make no mistake he's dangerous..."
CNN reports that MC Hammer was booked and released on bail from Santa Rita Jailand has a court date in March. There is no word what he will be charged with as police have until the court date to decides.