With increasing focus on nonprofit governance, many nonprofit board and staff leaders are unsure of what is expected of them and how to meet the ever increasing demands and standards set by the IRS and others who regulate or monitor the nonprofit sector.
On May 6, Eileen Morgan Johnson will host a live webinar from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET when she will explain what the IRS, the Better Business Bureau, Charity Navigator and state attorneys general are expecting and demanding from today's charities - those organizations that are tax-exempt under §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
You will learn how to bring your boards along with you as you implement current best practices in nonprofit governance and position your organizations for success.
The cost to attend is $199. Registration prior to May 6 is required. Continuing Education Credits can be earned.
- You will be able to discuss the IRS's view on good governance.
- You will be able to review governance questions on the Form 990.
- You will be able to explain current best practices in nonprofit governance.
- You will be able to discuss succession planning.
Overview: What's All the Fuss About?
- The IRS and Nonprofit Governance
- The IRS's View on Good Governance
- Governance Questions on the Form 990
Standards Setters and Watchdogs
- Better Business Bureau
- Charity Navigator
- Attorney Generals
Current Best Practices in Nonprofit Governance
- Board Composition
- Oversight Not Management
- Board Evaluations
- Succession Planning
Johnson is Partner and co-chair of the nonprofit practice group of Whiteford Taylor & Preston, LLP, and holds a
J.D. degree, Brigham Young University; and a B.A. degree, College of William & Mary.