From Steve Pink, the director of Hot Tub Time Machine and screenwriter of High Fidelity, comes the sexy, romantic comedy film About Last Night written by Leslye Headland. It is a modern reimagining of the 1986 original film starring Demi Moore and Rob Lowe, and is based on David Mamet’s 1974 play Sexual Perversity in Chicago. The film features an all-star cast that includes Kevin Hart, Michael Ealy, Regina Hall, Joy Bryant, Christopher McDonald, Adam Rodriguez, Joe Lo Truglio and Paula Patton.
About Last Night follows four Los Angeles singles as they journey from the bar to the bedroom navigating through the ups and downs of today’s dating world. On yet another night of playing wingman to his loud-mouthed best friend Bernie, Danny meets and makes a connection with Debbie, a beautiful, smart and successful woman -- the roommate of Bernie’s latest hookup Joan. While Danny and Debbie are skittish about relationships, they find their chemistry undeniable and the two end up having a one-night stand … then two, then three and more. What starts out as casual turns into deeper, genuine feelings for each other that lead to an unconventional serious romantic relationship. Meanwhile, Bernie and Joan have an on-again, off-again tumultuous relationship that is mostly sexual. They are either making out or fighting -- leading to much comical chaos. Although the two couples’ relationships are as different as day and night, they each find their own kind of happiness when they learn to just follow their hearts.
The DVD and Blu-ray include “An Un-Romantic Comedy” featurette, which explores the making of the film and differences from the original 1986 film. Exclusive to Blu-ray are three additional featurettes. The cast and filmmakers share their tips for relationship success in “About Last Night Advice.” Continuing with the theme of the movie – Love -- “I Love You?” polls the cast on who says “I love you” first and the impact on relationship dynamics. “Word on the Street” takes to the street to ask strangers for their best (and funniest) love advice.
- Kevin Hart as Bernie
- Michael Ealy as Danny
- Regina Hall as Joan
- Joy Bryant as Debbie
- Christopher McDonald as Casey
- Adam Rodríguez as Steven Thaler
- Joe Lo Truglio as Ryan Keller
- Paula Patton as Alison
- Terrell Owens as Himself
DVD Special Features:
- An Un-Romantic Comedy
Blu-ray Special Features:
Includes all DVD Special Features plus:
- About Last Night Advice
- I Love You?
- Word on the Street
- Best Buy - Buy 2, get a $5 Best Buy gift card. Buy 3, get a $10 Best Buy gift card. Offer valid with purchase on any format of The Monuments Men, Pompeii and About Last Night. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive Best Buy gift card. Limit 1 offer per customer.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.