It's the middle of Christmas season. Have you done everything you can to maximize your business's earning potential? Here are a few tips and suggestions for increasing your income during the holidays.
- Don't discount the power of a holiday discount. Everyone's looking for deals during the holidays. The difference between that extra bit of business and no business may very well be offering a holiday promotion or special.
- Include a freebie. Give your customers a taste of something that will have them coming back for more.
- Send those Christmas cards! Give your clients and vendors a reason to remember you. It's especially helpful to take the time to personalize a short note. If you don't have time before Christmas, then send a nice Happy New Year card that won't get lost in the shuffle of Christmas mail. Be sure to also include your business card, and if possible, get your company logo and information printed on the holiday card.
- Offer a contest for people to win a selection of your products or services. This is a great way to draw in new customers who might not have known you existed except for the contest.
- Don't skimp on the holiday networking. Yes, you have a million holiday invitations. But you never know who you're going to meet at those parties and what connections you'll make.
- Make sure your customer service skills sparkle! The Christmas season is a stressful time of year for many people, and oftentimes, customer service is one of the first things to slip. If your customers have a choice between a business with poor service and good service, they're most likely to choose the business with the better service.
The holidays don't have to mean a slow down for your business. Make sure you're leveraging every opportunity to make your business stand out and maximizing your earning potential.