Explore the plantation, take a guided tour, ride the tram, zip down a zipline, and visit the large gift and souvenir shop. The Maui Tropical Plantation is a great place to learn about the Hawaiian culture, while relaxing in an at-your-own-pace environment next to the West Maui mountains.
It's open 7 days a week, and there's plenty of free parking.
1670 Highway 30 (Honoapiilani Hwy)
Maalaea, HI 96793
Open: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- If your flight arrives before check-in, consider spending an hour or two at Maui Tropical Plantation on your way to your place of residence.
- Looking for an activity before your late flight? Spend a few hours at Maui Tropical Plantation on your way to the airport in Kahului.
- If you're going to Iao Valley, stop and visit the plantation on your way to Iao Valley. Also, include it as part of your day visiting the nearby Maui Ocean Center.
- Try Bruddah's famous sticky ribs, adjacent to the main entrance to the Maui Tropical Plantation. They're only open Thursday through Sunday.
One of the best sources for unbiased reviews is Tripadvisor Reviews. See what others have to say.
Yelp Reviews also offers readers a visitor's perspective on Maui Tropical Plantation.
Maui is one of the most beautiful islands of the 8 Hawaiian islands, but also visit Oahu and Waikiki, and Lanai to experience the other islands and Hawaiian culture. While visiting Maui, make sure to spend time in the historic whaling town of Lahaina.
Fashions of Hawaii has the best pricing for beachwear, casual wear, bikinis, Hawaii-inspired jewelry, and floral long dresses ideal for Hawaii.
K1 Fiance/Fiancee VISA – here’s everything you need to know to obtain a K1 VISA for a USA man to marry a woman from Thailand and Southeast Asia.
Southeast Asia Information
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.