The Maui Swap Meet is one of the best places on the island to purchase Hawaii souvenirs, Maui-made products, and gift items for friends back home.
Open each Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Maui Swap Meet has an admission fee of just 50 cents. There is plenty of free parking and the fair is wheelchair accessible.
"It's a great way to spend a Saturday morning. It's fun, easy-to-walk, plenty of artisans, many Hawaiian-made food items, great gift ideas, and quite simply the best prices for t-shirts and typical souvenirs to take to friends and family," says Patricia Rattansarvi. "It has a Maui feel to it."
Looking for great prices on Maui and Hawaiian souvenirs, gifts and fruits and vegetables? Head over to the Maui Swap Meet on Saturday for a genuine Hawaiian experience, or stop on your way to Iao Valley or an afternoon departure at the airport.
The Maui Swap Meet features:
- Locally-grown fruits and vegetables.
- 20 T-Shirts for just $7.00.
- Excellent Maui-made soaps, teas, tye dye t-shirts, and coconut macaroons.
- Hawaii Flavors of salt water taffy.
- An extensive selection of Hawaiian flowers and plants.
- 808 Brand T-Shirts
- Hawaiian plate lunches, kettle corn, Suma hot dogs, and Maui-made ice cream and banana bread.
- Numerous booths with Maui photography and artwork.
- Several vendors with Maui-made jewelry and furniture items.
- Plus Much More!
310 Ka'ahumanu Avenue
Kahului, Hawaii 96732
(808) 244 - 3100
Location. The Maui Swap Meet is located at the University of Hawaii Maui College campus (formerly the Maui Community College). It's almost directly across from The Queen Kaahumanu Mall (Queen's Mall) in Kahului. It's not far from the cruise ship port and is just a few miles from the Kahului International Airport. It's also not far from the intersection of Dairy Road (that leads to the airport) and Hana Highway (which features The Road To Hana).
Tripadvisor reviews are a great way to see what others say about the Maui Swap Meet.
Yelp also offers a wide variety of comments on The Maui Swap Meet.
Hawaii Travel Suggestions.
One of the most beautiful Hawaiian islands is Maui. Make sure to drive to the west side of Maui, and see the historic whaling town of Lahaina. Also, consider a day trip to the island of Lanai on an Expeditions ferry our of Lahaina Harbor.
Fashions of Hawaii has the best pricing for beachwear, casual wear, bikinis, Hawaii-inspired jewelry, and floral long dresses ideal for Hawaii.
K1 Fiance/Fiancee VISA – here’s everything you need to know to obtain a K1 VISA for a USA man to marry a woman from Thailand and Southeast Asia.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.
Maui's Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob's or Boss Frog's.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There's nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve's Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle's magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.