Today I was working on a photo shoot that is preparing for the new year. It had a new year, new you theme to it, and the crux of the article was getting back to basics. It is important that as the year resets, that our beauty routine does as well.
This got me thinking...
This means, we may need to re-evaluate our color palates and in some ways start from scratch. This can be a challenging time for skin, and the most important things are to stay hydrated, healthy, and create a fresh simple look.
As a girl with chronic dry skin, here are a few of my tips as we head into winter.
- Hydrate: Sometimes I can go a full day without drinking any water. Sure, I may throw a coffee into the mix once in a while, but that is not a good habit. I almost immediately notice a dryness to my skin and when it gets bad my nose even begins to peel.
- Moisturize: Right now I am not worrying about oily skin - I am actually embracing it! I am making it a point to integrate a powerful day and night cream into my routine. I have even been known to throw a facial oil into the mix every now and again to keep up the moisture level.
That was my last two weeks, and now that my skin feels balanced and healthy -- I can't complete my look with just any makeup. Thanks to the folks at Mineral Fusion (www.mineralfusion.com) I tested out their healthy makeup products and created my own natural look that benefits my skin as it conceals. Follow my three easy steps to create your own flawless, understated, glowing, dewy look.
- Base: My new love is BB Cream. Just a once over with the miracle lotion, and my skin is balanced, moisturized and all the imperfections are concealed. Unlike other BB creams, the Glow and Go Cream ($24.99) from Mineral Fusion is rich with antioxidants (pomegranate & green tea) and botanicals (aloe, sunflower, & lavender).
- Glow: Let's be honest, its the dead of winter -- us white chicks are actually practically transparent during these months. We need a little glow to perk up that skin add a little shimmer to your face. Vitamin C, E, Red Tea, and Sea Kelp are the power packed ingredients behind the Illuminating Powder ($29.99). And it's 100% vegetarian for veg's like me! This has been my savior over the past few days -- the combinations of pinks, bronzes and highlighting powder can be completely customized daily.
- Warmth: Now its time to add in a little color and shimmer -- hello Terra Cotta Glow & Go 3-in-1 Color Stick ($19.99). With no artificial coloring this stick does it all! With UV protection, anti-aging nutrients, and more it is the best! One product can work for lips, eyes and of course cheeks. This is the perfect warm touch that completes the subtle natural look.
All products have anti-aging properties, SPF, and are free of junk like parabens. I am hooked! They are chock full of beneficial products that help maintain flawless, glowing skin during the harsh winter months. For more information visit www.mineralfusion.com