Skip to main content
  1. Arts & Entertainment
  2. Celebrity

Martin Lawrence is all in for ‘Bad Boys 3,' but what about Will Smith?

See also

Martin Lawrence is preparing to make his way back to the big screen. On Wednesday night, the “Partners” star that a third “Bad Boys” film is in the works during an appearance on TBS’ “Conan.” The 49-year-old actor confirmed rumblings that have been surround the film.

Lawrence played Marcus in both previous films and is definitely excited about reprising his role. He told Conan, “I just talked to [producer] Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it’s real, they’re working on the script, they’re getting close, and it all looks good.” Lawrence expressed his interest in the film on Facebook just last month. He stated that it has been “11 years” since he teamed up with co-star Will Smith in “Bad Boys II.”

Speaking of Smith, Lawrence didn’t reveal whether or not he will be reprising the role of Mike Lowry, but it is a pretty good bet that a third “Bad Boys” movie will be just as exciting to him as well. Plus, the movie wouldn’t have the same flavor without him. Lawrence also joked with Conan O’Brien about having a possible cameo in the film.

In the past Bruckheimer has discussed how difficult it was to get the project off the ground, but with the success of “Ride Along” starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, excitement has once again surrounded the film. We now know Bruckheimer and Martin Lawrence are all in for the sequel, now it is just a question of Will Smith and director Michael Bay jumping on board.

In the meantime, Lawrence hopes his new FX sitcom “Partners” takes off. The odd couple pairing of Lawrence and five-time Emmy Award winner Kelsey Grammer has received mixed reviews so far, but the show may draw in fans of the two comedic giants making their way back to television.

Advertisement