Martha Stewart, lifestyle mogul, took to her Twitter account when her iPad slipped out of her car – breaking the glass. Instead of purchasing a new tablet, Ms. Stewart first “crowdsourced” the social networking site on how to get the device repaired. Reportedly, the aforementioned conversation alerted Apple representatives, who were perturbed with the “bad” press; so, defiantly, Ms. Stewart continued posting her irritations with Apple products. Seemingly, negative tweets still capture the attention of many corporations, unlike other portions of the Internet (such as postings on a message board); therefore, if having difficulty with a device, one might attempt sending a tweet to the manufacturer requesting assistance, as this strategy too has worked for this author.
The following are the verbatim tweets from @MarthaStewart:
• Sept. 25 - I just dropped my iPad on the ground and shattered two glass corners. What to do?does one call Apple to come and pick it up or do I take it?
• Sept. 26 - I am still waiting for an apple rep to come pick up my IPad. No action yey
• Sept. 26 - Maybe I have had a good entrepreneurial idea? Apple Now? Like same day delivery from Amazon? I think I am on to something. Same day fixit!!!
• Sept. 26 - So is it time to put out the fires and admit I was just pissed off at the fact my precious ipad shattered and I wanted to make light of it??
• Sept. 26 - i cannot believe that Apple Public Relations is mad at me for tweeting about my Ipad and how to get it fixed! steve jobs gave it to me!
• Sept. 26 - i wish i could explain everything here on twitter about the broken IPad, the stolen IPhone, the silly joke about repairs and my frustration!
• Sept. 26 - but it is impossible so i will deal with it all silently and hope that apple will fix everything so i can function again with proper tools
• Sept. 27 - Let's now talk turkey: Ipads addictive,awesome,expensive. Glass should /could be unbreakable. That the iPad works with cracked corners-great
• Sept. 27 - But the cracked glass is sharp and can cut. I was just upset that I(someone)was clumsy and let the iPad fall out of the car. To fix is time