January 8, 2014
Make it your mission to get involved in the local political movement in 2014. From Tea Party events to Common Core curriculum, these events, and more, are coming soon to Northern Colorado.
- Thursday, January 9, 6:30 pm. North JeffCo Tea Party. A brand new group for 2014. Meeting at Tri-City Baptist Church, 6953 W 92nd Lane, Broomfield, CO. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. More Tea Party meetings at Colorado Tea Party Patriots.
- Every Monday, 7:00 a.m. Every Monday morning, Kevin Lundberg (Colorado State Senator, District 15) hosts the Larimer County Republican Breakfast Club. All are welcome to attend. Held at Johnson’s Corner Restaurant and Truck Stop (I-25 and East County Road 16), 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 am on the north side of the restaurant. Cost $10.
- Wednesday, January 22, 7:00 pm. Larimer County Caucus informational seminar in Estes Park. This is a rescheduled event from December, when a snowstorm made travel treacherous. The meeting will provide information about what you can do to be involved, from the local level all the way up to electing the President of the United States. Location: Estes Park High School Commons.
- Saturday, January 25, 1:00 pm. Meet the GOP candidates for Governor, taking on John Hickenlooper in Colorado. Location: Estes Park Museum. Come for the event, enjoy the free coffee and homemade cookies, sponsored by the Estes Park Tea Party Patriots. Candidates will be given a short time limit to speak. Candidates committed to attending include: Mike Kopp, Tom Tancredo, Greg Brophy, Jim Rundberg, and Steve House.
- Monday, January 27, 6:30 pm. “Top Down Failure.” If you have kids, or grandkids, in school, you need to learn about the Common Core curriculum. Dr. Sandra Stotsky, Professor Emerita at the University of Arkansas is the leading authority on Common Core. Location: Midtown Arts Center, 3750 South Mason Street, Fort Collins, CO. Admission is free, but please pre-register.
- Saturday, February 15. Ken Buck is running against Mark Udall for US Senate. There will be a meet and greet in Estes Park.