On Wednesday, conservative radio talk show host Mark Levin told Barack Obama in no uncertain terms that he would lead a movement to bring half a million people to the World War II memorial in Washington, D.C. if the administration carried out its threat to arrest veterans.
"I want to say this loud and clear to the people on Capitol Hill who are listening, to this administration," he said. "You lay one d*mn hand on one of those World War II vets at that memorial and I’ll bring half a million people to that d*mn memorial! You got that?!"
The administration shut down a number of memorials, including the World War II memorial -- as part of the partial shutdown brought about by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's refusal to work with Republicans.
"I said, are you kidding me? You're going to arrest a 90/91-year-old veteran from seeing his memorial? If it wasn't for them it wouldn't be there. She said, 'That's correct sir.'"
According to Armstrong, the park service employee refused to give her name and promptly hung up the phone.
This angered Levin, who said the memorial was funded by the American people, not Obama. Moreover, he added, any move by the administration to arrest one of the aging veterans would spark a nationwide movement unlike anything seen before.
"The biker patriot army – veterans from all over the country, every single war and battle in this country, Republican, Democrat, Independent, whatever," he said, would make the trip.
"So let me repeat," he said. "You lay one hand on one of those men and arrest them for going to their memorial, which they fought for, which was not paid by you dammit, it was paid by the American people – we will come out of every town and city in this nation! We will come out of every county. And both coasts! Both borders! And we will march on Washington against your tyranny!"
"You’ve been warned," he added.
- Obama to GOP at White House meeting: My way or the highway on Obamacare funding
- Reid blames Ted Cruz for kid with cancer comment, Politico runs cover (Video)
- Picture of guard at Lincoln Memorial called 'Snapshot of Obama's America'
- Harry Reid blames GOP for Obama shutting down WWII memorial
- NY Mag writer: Keep vets out of WWII memorial with aging Nazi soldiers
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberal New Republic suggests Obama use military against Tea Party
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Louisiana veterans group building facility to help homeless vets, families
- Washington Post on shutdown: ‘Off with their heads,’ ‘Line ’em up and shoot ’em’
- Harry Reid forces gov’t shutdown, Ted Cruz offers salary to charity
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Military drills in major cities alarm citizens, raise fears of government action
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens
- Obama implies GOP to ruin Christmas over Obamacare funding
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.