Former CityLine host Marilyn Denis is launching her new CTV talk show next week, and the guest list is newly announced. The Marliyn Denis Show airs daily at 10 am ET and 2 pm ET on CTV, and on /A\ Channel at 5 pm ET.
- Monday, January 10: Actor James Denton (Desperate Housewives), as well as supermodel and Canadian Jessica Stam, talking trends and four fashion must-haves.
- Tuesday, January 11: Recording artist Josh Groban, promoting his upcoming album, Illuminations,
- Wednesday, January 12: Actor Clint Howard (The Dilemma),
- Thursday, January 13: Oribe, hairstylist to Cindy Crawford, Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell and Diana Ross, as well as Jennifer Lopez when she appears on American Idol,
- Friday, January 14: Actor Jason Priestley (Call Me Fitz).
In the second week, guests include Taylor Kitsch (Friday Night Lights), soap star Eric Braeden (Victor, The Young and the Restless), fitness and health promoter Suzanne Somers, Canadian fashion designer Alfred Sung, chef Mark McEwan, Hot in Cleveland actress Wendie Malick, The Happiness Project author Gretchen Rubin, and fitness model, columnist and author Tosca Reno.
The show has been a long time coming, to be sure. Her last show of CityLine was May 23, 2008, shortly after Rogers Media took over the Citytv chain. In June that year, her new show was announced. The network went silent about the program until June 2010, when a fall launch was announced. Studio construction delays halted production until now.
During her 19 years with the nationally syndicated 10 am show, she recieved 2005 and 2006 Viewer's Choice Gemini Awards and a 2007 Gemini for Best Host in a Lifestyle/Information Series.
Dini Petty was the first host of CityLine; she too went to CTV.