In an upcoming interview due to air Monday night on ABC News with veteran interviewer Barbara Walters, Mariah Carey confirms that she felt a need to increase security due to threats made by fellow American Idol judge Nicki Minaj.
Alluding to the rumors that were reported at the beginning of the audition phase of the show, Carey told Walters, "Anytime anybody's reeling threats at somebody, you know, it's not appropriate," she went on to confirm that she increased her security due to threats made by Minaj.
In October last year TMZ released a video of a heated argument between the two divas, which Walters later reported on her morning show The View, claiming that Minaj was heard saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot that bitch."
Minaj has denied ever making remarks about guns.
While Carey understands that all the drama will help the show, she says, "Sitting there on the road with two babies, I'm not going to take any chances," referring to her twins with husband Nick Cannon.
There are a number of people who believe this was all a stunt from the beginning. You have to wonder, since we've been hearing about American Idol and the now infamous feud for a few months now. This has definitely kept American Idol in the headlines as well in the forefront of celebrity gossip.
You can watch Barbara Walter's exclusive interview on "Nightline" tonight at 11:35 – check your local listings.