Universal Orlando has announced details regarding their upcoming Mardi Gras celebration, which takes place annually at Universal Studios. Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando is the most authentic Mardi Gras celebration outside of New Orleans. It features local New Orleans bands, authentic Cajun food, music, beads, and more.
The Mardi Gras parade is a huge deal. Universal Orlando will be bringing classic floats back, such as King Gator, King and Queen, and the Riverboat float, plus they will be adding four brand new floats to the line up. This year's line up of new floats includes: Chinese New Year, Mexican Day of the Dead, Elegance of India, and Music of New Orleans.
With all the construction taking place at Universal Studios, the parade route has changed slightly from last year. You can view the parade route above to select your spot to catch beads.
One of the biggest draws when it comes to Mardi Gras is the concerts. While Universal offers local New Orleans bands, Universal also offers big names.
This year's line up includes:
- February 9: Lifehouse
- February 16: Steve Miller Band
- February 17: Boys Like Girls
- February 23: Trey Songz
- March 2: Demi Lovato
- March 9: Montgomery Gentry
- March 15: Sean Kingston
- March 16: Matchbox Twenty
- March 22: Austin Mahone
- March 23: Phillip Phillips
- March 30: Pat Benetar & Neil Giraldo
- April 6: To be announced
- April 13: Pitbull
- April 20: To be announced
The French Quarter is where all the Mardi Gras goodness really is. If you're looking for a bite to eat, some alcohol, or music straight from New Orleans, this is where you want to be.
- February 9: John Lisi & Delta Funk!
- February 16: The Dirty Bourbon River Show
- February 17: The Dirty Bourbon River Show
- February 23: Colin Lake
- March 2: Beth McKee
- March 9: Gravy
- March 15: Lil Brian and the Zydeco Travelers
- March 16: Lil Brian and the Zydeco Travelers
- March 22: Soul Project Nola
- March 23: Soul Project Nola
- March 30: Big Al & The Heavyweights
- April 6: Mississippi Rail Company
- April 13: The Rockin' Jake Band
- April 20: Daddy Mack Blues Band
Mardi Gras runs from February 9th until April 20th on select nights at Universal Studios Florida.
Click subscribe to get more news, updates, and interesting information about Universal Orlando. Follow me on Twitter @RachealYates. For more information about Universal Orlando Resort, visit the official website.