Intro: If you're looking for Mardi Gras recipes, you probably want to start with a recipe for jambalaya. This chicken jambalaya with ham, bacon, shrimp and sausage is a mish mash of flavors that taste delish together. The best jambalaya recipe, in my opinion, allows for a slew of flavors to join together in one pot of goodness. Whether you're doing Mardi Gras in New Orleans or you'll be eating your Mardi Gras food at home, this recipe will get your party started.
Other Mardi Gras Recipes ~ Traditional Foods To Serve for Fat Tuesday
Ingredients for Chicken Jambalaya with Ham, Bacon, Shrimp & Sausage Recipe
- 6 slices of bacon, 1-inch slices
- 1/2 lb of cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 lb of cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 lb of smoked sausage
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. of celery, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped up
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (14 1/2-oz cans)
- 2 c. of beef broth
- 2 c. of chicken broth
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning
- 2 c. of rice (not cooked -- I like Basmati, but you can use whatever kind you like)
- 1 c. of frozen okra
- 1/2 lb of shrimp
Instructions for the Mardi Gras Recipe:
- Heat up pan on medium-high, drop in the bacon. Cook it until it becomes crisp. Take bacon out of the grease and set aside. Use a slotted spoon. Drain on a paper towel.
- Drop the bell pepper, onion and celery slices to the bacon fat. Cook until the veggies become tender for the recipe for jambalaya. Be sure to stir regularly.
- Drop in the ham, chicken and sausage and stir together.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes into the pot.
- Add the beef broth.
- Add in the thyme. Dried thyme works best. Also add the Cajun seasoning.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Pour in the rice and turn down the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20.
- Drop in the okra during the last few minutes and cook until tender.
- Add in the shrimp right before serving the Mardi Gras recipe.
Mardi Gras Recipes Tips:
Get more supplies for your Mardi Gras theme party on Amazon.