Intro: Want to learn how to make a Mardi Gras mask for your Fat Tuesday celebration? If so, the easiest way to do this is to use Mardi Gras mask templates. These Mardi Gras mask ideas work well for your theme parties around the holiday, whether you're celebrating as a kid or an adult.
Be sure to watch the video for further instructions on using the Mardi Gras mask templates.
The printable templates are in the slide show toward the end.
Mardi Gras Food Ideas for Your Fat Tuesday Theme Party
How to Make a Mardi Gras Mask
Supplies for the Mardi Gras Mask Template:
- Paper and pencil
- Card stock
- Pipe cleaners
- Decorative items such as tissue paper, sequins, glitter, markers, paints
- Wax paper
Instructions for Making Mardi Gras Masks:
- Either design and cut out your mask or use one of the templates in the slide show. If you opt to design your own mask, watch the video that accompanies this article to get some Mardi Gras mask ideas. Additionally, the video will give you ideas about how to deal with the half-mask templates so that you can make a whole mask. (Hint: You'll have to fold the template in half and cut it to create a whole Mardi Gras mask as the video instructs.)
- Fill your printer with card stock paper and print off one or more of the Mardi Gras mask templates.
- Cut the template out, leaving a long strip on one side. It should be about an inch to two-inches long. It's where you'll attach the mask to the stick/ dowel. The templates don't have that, so you'll have to draw it in.
- Decorate the mask. If you need ideas, click through the slide show to see Mardi Gras masks for inspiration or make up your own. That's part of the fun!
- Glue the mask to the stick, wrapping the 2-inch strip of paper around the dowel. You might also have to staple it in place.
- Decorate the stick with paint, ribbons or pipe cleaners.
Want to buy Mardi Gras masks? You can order them on Amazon in time for Fat Tuesday. You should have them by the time you're ready for your Mardi Gras theme party.
Go to the following websites for more Mardi Gras mask templates: