It's a season of king cakes, parades, and purple, green, and gold. But let's not forget the glitz and glamour galore! It wouldn't be Mardi Gras without the glitz and glamour of the Mardi Gras Balls. Here are a few things to remember when preparing for your big night to standout in the crowd and dance the night away:
- You don’t have to stick to the traditional seasonal colors; add a punch of color and style with with vivid hues or soft pastels. Either way will have a huge impact.
- Be prepared with a change of shoes by putting a stylish pair of jeweled ballet flats in your clutch. Who says you can’t maintain comfort and style, even when you’re rocking out the night on the dance floor!
- Accessories can make all the different in completing an outfit. Glam it up with a fabulous pair of dangle earrings, a statement necklace or a great cuff. It’s your night to walk the red carpet.
- Give your makeup extra attention and staying power by using a lip primer before applying your favorite lip color. There'll be no need for frequent touch-ups!
- Trying to figure out how to stay within budget and still have variety of looks that can be worn for the half dozen balls you’ll be attending in a 3-day period? Consider purchasing a two-piece set, such as a basic black skirt that can easily take on a new look with a quick change of the top. Very helpful to keep you in budget without having to repeat a look.
- Mardi Gras nights often can be quite cool, so remember to carry an evening shawl or sparkly bolero jacket that will complement your evening gown.
- Pay attention to small details; such as a signature style manicure that you can achieve yourself with the help of peel and stick nail art decor. Everyone will think it was done by a professional manicurist!
As the season continues in full force, let’s not forget the most important part for being a fashion diva…..being the Belle of the Ball!