Have you heard the big news? If you're in the mood for a party, go grab your plastic beads. According to a March 1 report published by The Source, one of the biggest holidays of the year is right around the corner. Each year, millions of people from all over the world head to New Orleans for the annual Mardi Gras celebration.
Famous for its delicious Cajun food, lavish balls, music, wild costumes, colorful beads, rowdy parties and parades, the annual event has been celebrated for years. Ever since Governor Warmoth signed the "Mardi Gras Act" in 1875, Fat Tuesday has been a legal holiday in the state of Louisiana.
When is Mardi Gras?
- March 4, 2014
- February 17, 2015
- February 9, 2016
- February 28, 2017
Watch Mardi Gras 2014 LIVE Online
Just in case you can't make it to the Big Easy this year, no worries. You can still enjoy Mardi Gras 2014 from the comfort of your own home. Watch Mardi Gras LIVE online and on social media.
- Get updates and photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- The Bourbon Live Cam, from Earth Cam, offers a great view from the Cat's Meow Balcony on one of the most famous streets in America - Bourbon Street.
- Get up-close-and-personal with the FREE ParadeCam, located on Napoleon Street and St. Charles Avenue. Colorful commentary included!
- Parades will also be live-streamed on WWLTV.
- Watch the LIVE Bourbon Street Cam from Arnaud's Restaurant.
- Watch Mardi Gras 2014 LIVE on the go on your handy dandy gadget with the EarthCam app. Compatible with iPhone5, iPad and iPod Touch, this app which includes live streaming video from two locations, is $2.99.
For more Mardi Gras information, please visit: