/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
Ready for some b-ball? Las Vegas is a hot destination for basketball fans. Walls of giant TVs, drink and food specials, easy access to sports books with the latest lines and the chance to build a fortune on the right teams has many making the pilgrimage to the Strip.
- PBR Rock Bar & Grill inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino invites March basketball madness fans to alley-oop into the hot spot for drink specials. From round one tip-off, March 19, to the final buzzer of the championship game, on April 8, the Strip-side destination will offer college hoop fanatics Budweiser and Bud Light beer buckets priced at $19. Go to www.pbrrockbar.com for details.
- The Luxor Hotel and Casino has a few great bars for hoop-watching, and its Tender Steakhouse will introduce “Sips, Bits n’ Buckets” specials for college hoops madness through April 8. College basketball fans may dig into a menu of delicious small plates that include seafood, meat and vegetarian options with prices ranging from $4 to $20 available exclusively during game nights in Tender’s lounge. Basketball aficionados can relax and sip on specialty liquor flights featuring Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal and Single Malt Scotch. Johnnie Walker tastings will include 1-ounce pours of Johnnie Walker Black Label, Johnnie Walker Gold Label and Johnnie Walker Blue Label, priced at $55. Crown Royal tastings will include 1-ounce pours of Crown Royal, Crown Reserve and Crown XR, priced at $35. Single Malt Scotch tastings will feature 1-ounce pours of Balvenie 15 Year, Auchentoshan 10 year and Lagavulin 16 Year, priced at $35. Beer buckets, priced at $25, will also be available with a dynamic selection of alternating beers each week. Getting tired of beer as the tournament winds down? Wine enthusiasts may enjoy 3-ounce pours of white and red wines including Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Ferrari-Carano Merlot, William Hill Chardonnay and Qupe Syrah for $5 each. Artisan cheese selections serve as the ideal wine accompaniment, with varieties including Grafton Village Cheddar, Truffle Tremor Goat and Marieke Gouda, priced at $5 each. Go to Luxor's site for full info on the hotel's March Madness offerings.
- At The Deuce Lounge inside Aria, watch the games on four giant TVs with food and drink specials. Go to www.lightgroup.com for more info.
- Señor Frog’s Las Vegas at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino will be home to March hoops madness with prime viewing at the party bar’s numerous high-definition televisions and giant projection screens. and specials on March 19-April 8. Specials include the “Loco Platter,” complete with sliders, onion rings and wings, priced at $25. Miller Lite beer buckets with five bottled beers, also priced at $25. Every seat will offer prime viewing of the games with tiered seating to span the venue’s spacious upstairs area. Go to www.SenorFrogsLV.com for all the details.
- If you have some cash to spare, and are looking for a day-long place to park it for the gamses, Lagasse's Stadium at Palazzo will have its usual leather booths and giant wall of TVs. At $300, it's one of the more lush hoop-watching hot spots and you may need to call ahead for space. For more details go to www.palazzo.com.