Looking to make connections with employers who are actually hiring? Wish you could talk to a number of potential employers in one, convenient location? Don't miss these upcoming job fair events! You'll have the chance to meet representatives from local and national business firms, hospitals and healthcare facilities, non-profit organizations, government agencies, financial institutions, and technology industries.
Keep in mind job fairs are not guaranteed to get you an interview, and it is highly unlikely that you'll be immediately offered a job. If you follow these steps, you'll make a great impression.
Job Fair Do's
- When attending a job fair, always wear a well-fitting black suit.
- Your shoes should be professional, but comfortable because you'll be doing a lot of walking and standing.
- Bring plenty of business cards and resumes. Carry them in a black portfolio. Bring nothing else (except a purse if you're a female).
- Prepare your elevator speech that highlights your successes and skills.
- If you can, research the companies you're most interested in that way you can stand out from other job seekers.
- Job fairs are great opportunities to network, so remember to follow up with any contacts you make with a thank you email within 24 hours.
York College Career Expo
Wednesday, March 19,10:00am - 3:00pm M&T Field House
Please note this event is only open to current York College students and alumni. It is not open to the public. Over 50+ employers are expected to attend the event, so be sure that your schedule allows you to attend the fair for the full amount of time.
CCBC Job Fair
Thursday, March 27, 10:00am-2:00pm CCBC Dundalk, College Community Center Lobby
This event is sponsored by the Community College of Baltimore County, Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce and the Baltimore County Office of Workforce Development.
Please note this event is intended to include job seekers with disabilities. The facility is handicapped accessible and sign language interpreters are available on request. Please contact Karen Gunzelman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-840-3131 to request an interpreter.
Towson University Spring Mega Job and Internship Fair
Wednesday, March 26, 12:00pm-3:00pm West Village Commons, Ballroom
This event is the last on-campus opportunity to connect with employers. Towson University encourages its students to be successful professionals. Make an appointment with the Career Center today by emailing email@example.com or calling 410-704-2233.